Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Yoonmin Nam <ro...@dgist.ac.kr> on 2013/12/10 03:25:50 UTC

Questions about the container

Hi, everyone!

I want to know the block information about

So, I ask you something about the container.

1.     Is the NodeManager knows the information about block, especially
blockid? If is not, then is there any way to get block information from
datanode?

2.     How can communicate between container and NodeManager?

3.     In addition, How the communication happens between NodeManager and
DataNode?

4.     In the level of container, container has an instance of YARNChild,
and YARNChild can run the instance of MapTask and ReduceTask, right? But
where is the features of JobTracker and TaskTracker in either container or
YARNChild?

Thank you for considering my questions!