Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2017/09/09 00:26:47 UTC

All CXF repos moved to gitbox....

FYI, all our repos have now been moved over to gitbox.  In order to commit to the repos, you will need to do the gitbox setup to associate your Apache ID with your GitHub account.   Follow the steps at:

https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/

There are a bunch of steps starting from enabling the 2FA on GitHub, getting yourself added to the Apache organization, etc…

Once that is all done, you SHOULD be able to push directly to the GitHub repo and manage pull requests and such there.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: All CXF repos moved to gitbox....

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.
I've changed
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Source+Repository to
make clear that GitHub and Gitbox are equal. I agree that all other
links should point to GitHub, it's more convenient to use.

Dennis

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Github provides a nicer interface for web viewing and makes it easy to
create a pull request.
Now that committers can directly push to github this is at least for me
the preferred way to work.

Christian

On 11.09.2017 16:20, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
> OK thanks. IMO to avoid confusion we should just list github on the source
> repository page, for both browsing the source + checking it out, etc.
>
> Colm.
>
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>> On Sep 11, 2017, at 9:56 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>> What is the canonical git repo that we should be using now?
>>>
>>> Do we now use github or gitbox? We should update the page at:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Source+Repository
>> It shouldn’t matter.   It’s a “dual hosted”  repo that is automatically
>> synced between the two.  So take your pick.  :)
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Colm.

>> dkulp@apache.org

>>> --
>>> Colm O hEigeartaigh
>>>
>>> Talend Community Coder
>>> http://coders.talend.com
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: All CXF repos moved to gitbox....

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
OK thanks. IMO to avoid confusion we should just list github on the source
repository page, for both browsing the source + checking it out, etc.

Colm.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 11, 2017, at 9:56 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > What is the canonical git repo that we should be using now?
> >
> > Do we now use github or gitbox? We should update the page at:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Source+Repository
>
> It shouldn’t matter.   It’s a “dual hosted”  repo that is automatically
> synced between the two.  So take your pick.  :)
>
> Dan
>

> > Colm.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Or just use
> >> git remote set-url origin newurl
> >>

> >> Am 11. September 2017 15:41:01 MESZ schrieb Daniel Kulp <
> dkulp@apache.org

> > --
> > Colm O hEigeartaigh
> >
> > Talend Community Coder
> > http://coders.talend.com
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: All CXF repos moved to gitbox....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
What is the canonical git repo that we should be using now?

The old one was:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf.git

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.
Or just use

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks Dennis!

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Andriy!

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dennis,

I've just ported a few fixes to 3.1.x branch and noticed that this branch is not being built on Jenkins since Sep, 8th (https://builds.apache.org/job/CXF-3.1.x/). I am wondering if we reconfigured this job to use Gitbox? Or there is another one for 3.1.x? Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, need wait for about 30 mins in my case…...
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.