Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by TimH <ti...@jti.uk.com.INVALID> on 2022/09/15 10:24:44 UTC

build board from custom directory

A few weeks ago I moved my custom board out of the NuttX
"nuttx/nuttx/boards" tree to a folder "nuttx/CustomBoards".

Make menuconfig allows you to specify that folder
(CONFIG_ARCH_BOARD_CUSTOM_DIR=)

To try and rule out .config errors for some issues I have at the moment I
did a make distclean. Which wipes out the .config and the reference to my
custom board directory.

What is the correct syntax to tell configure.sh that the board is in a
custom folder, please?

Re: build board from custom directory

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 7:06 AM TimH <ti...@jti.uk.com.invalid> wrote:
> Perhaps this needs to be added to the configure.sh help text?

I agree!

See PR-7103:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/7103

Help with reviewing that will be appreciated!

Nathan

RE: build board from custom directory

Posted by TimH <ti...@jti.uk.com.INVALID>.
Thank you! I was trying to run it like this:

./tools/configure.sh -l ../CustomBoards/board-name:config-name

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.