Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ha...@x5h.eu on 2017/07/19 10:07:24 UTC

Access to yarn application log files for different user or group

Hello,

I currently try to access the application log files from yarn
automatically. Yarn produces log files in the folder
/userlogs/applicationid/containerid/*.log. The problem I have is, that
the generated application and container directories are constructed with
a specific umask (067) that I can't seem to change. If I set acl the log
files get the correct permission but the directories stay the same. It
seems that the process that creates the application log directories uses
a mask::--x and therefore overrules my acl.

I want to automatically comb through the log directories but with these
default permissions set by hadoop I can't.

What do I have to change so that the log directories log for
applications are readable for a specific group or user on that system?

Cheers,

Manfred.

Re: Access to yarn application log files for different user or group

Posted by "Manfred Halper(Arge)" <Ma...@x5h.eu>.
I just realized that this problem is solved in version 2.9 and version
3.0 alpha 1 to 4. There you can set in yarn-site.xml the following
parameter yarn.nodemanager.default-container-executor.log-dirs.permissions.

I guess i will have to solve my problem with a bash script until the
version 2.9 is released hopefully November.