Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Murali K Gandrakota <mu...@in.ibm.com> on 2009/07/03 12:43:02 UTC

Few Questions on ADS

Hi,
I want to enforce a password policy in ADS.
Can i use the universal password policy control defined by
1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.5.1.
Does ADS support it and Which version ?

How do i got about enforcing a password policy.
Do help me on this.
Regards,
Murali

Re: Few Questions on ADS

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Murali,

> I want to enforce a password policy in ADS.
> Can i use the universal password policy control defined by
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.5.1.
> Does ADS support it and Which version ?

No, it is not supported by ApacheDS yet [1].

> How do i got about enforcing a password policy.

You could create an interceptor for that. We already have one [2]
however the policy is hard-coded.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1185