Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by gl...@ca.ibm.com on 2000/09/07 15:15:33 UTC

Work on the consolidated delete, copy, and move tasks

If no one has any objections, I'm going to tackle the consolidation of the
delete, copy, and move tasks.  This was brought up some time ago, but
there hasn't been any movement.  Probably because there has been lots of
more interesting things to do. :-)  However, I would like to see this
done, because I want that next stable release. :-)

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to base this work on the discussion
held a couple of months ago.  Now to find that discussion in the archives.
Sigh.  We really need that searchable web interface to the mail archive.

If anyone else is already working on this, let me know.  I'm happy to
help, or to back off if you are pretty much done.

Glenn McAllister

Re: Work on the consolidated delete, copy, and move tasks

Posted by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>.
I'll admit that I don't recall the discussion, but
I presume that when you consolidate these things,
you'll preserve all the features added in the intervening
months. In particular, I very much depend on the
flatten="true" option of copydir...

Pardon me for being paranoid :^) ...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 gm> Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to base this work on the
 gm> discussion held a couple of months ago.  Now to find that
 gm> discussion in the archives.

I think there've been at least two. Try threads ant-dev-thread.1225
and ant-dev-thread.2332.

And please feel encouraged to proceed 8^).

Stefan