Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Shailesh Mangal <sh...@getzephyr.com> on 2009/02/03 19:58:12 UTC

alternative export - import strategy

While database export and import is not working for us when we move
from windows to linux, I would like to explore alternative export -
import strategies e.g. http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcr-backup

We have lots of binary data, files etc. I would like to know if
someone has successfully implemented backup and restore strategy and
the tools used to accomplish the same.

-Shailesh

Re: alternative export - import strategy

Posted by Paco Avila <mo...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll try it.

Thanks.

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
-------------------------------------

Posted by Paco Avila <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--

Posted by Paco Avila <mo...@gmail.com>.
We application is developed to run on JBoss. Default repository.xml is
used, so all files and documents are stored in server filesystem. To
make a backup, I stop JBoss and copy the repository folder to another
location using rsync to minimize copy time. After that start JBoss
again. This work is done using a bash script.

I have seen that jcr-backups work only for Jackrabbit 1.3 so I wonder
if this utility can manage 1.4 or 1.5 repositories. I plan to test it
someday :)