Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Cory Wilkerson <cw...@travelnow.com> on 2003/01/17 19:07:34 UTC

Document vs. Message

I'm in a situation where I'm needing to essentially create an object of type y from a pre-defined message (rather verbose xml message representing a query) that isn't a direct representation of object y, in other words --  though a document style service looks great, ie, it recieves message x and creates object type x, i'd still have to write code to port object type x --> object type y.  Additionally, there could be situations in which I may receive two distinct message types that both need to assume the final form of object type y.

It seems to me that I may want to implement a Message style service to handle this and actually parse the XML into a given object type -- was just hoping someone had some insight on how to avoid this step.

Additionally -- any good documentation on document style implementation?

Thanks for any input,
Cory Wilkerson