Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by mallik arjun <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/07 13:02:57 UTC

how to schedule the hadoop commands in cron job or any orther way?

hi all,

i am working on scheduling.
can u please help me out how to write the hadoop commands in cronjob.

thankyou,
mallik

Re: how to schedule the hadoop commands in cron job or any orther way?

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you have few and simpler hadoop jobs like for data ingestion or
manipulation etc. then you can easily manage it through some shell script
and put it in crontab. But in case you have bunch of complex and
interdependent jobs then you can use Oozie tool for configuring, scheduling
and monitoring your complex jobs effectively .

http://www.slideshare.net/martyhall/hadoop-tutorial-oozie

Regards
Jitendra

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.
http://oozie.apache.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

But the best point to start with is this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Definitive-Guide-Tom-White/dp/1449311520

All the best for your project

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.
http://oozie.apache.org