Posted to user@struts.apache.org by virupaksha <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/19 05:26:51 UTC

Data Source in struts-config.xml

Dear All,

I need to connect to two different databases,MS Access & MYSQL.
I am connecting databases using JNDI lookup,so to connect using JNDI lookup i need to give database name in my code.
Can any one help me how i can configure two datasource name in struts-config.xml.

Waiting for ur help...

Regards,
viru

Re: Data Source in struts-config.xml

Posted by Andrew Kuzmin <ku...@soft-ukraine.com>.
<snip from="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/database.html">

If you need more than one data source in a module, you can include a key
attribute in the data-source element:

<data-sources>
   <data-source key="A" type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
      ... properties as before ...
   </data-source>
   <data-source key="B" type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
      ... properties as before ...
   </data-source>
</data-sources>

Which can then be accessed by including the key ("A" in this case) as an
additional parameter to the Action.getDataSource() method.

   try {
      dataSourceA = getDataSource(request, "A");
      dataSourceB = getDataSource(request, "B");

Each module can have as many data sources as it needs. The keys only need to
be unique within a module since the struts module system maintains a name
space for the items in each module to protect you from name clashes.

</snip>

--
Andrew Kuzmin
http://www.java201.com