Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manlio Malaidini <mm...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 21:14:01 UTC

avoid recompilation of test files

Hi, we are using maven v. 1.1-beta-1

We have a goal with a dependency from test:compile, call it create-env
Then we have another goal, dealing with the execution of certain test files,
invoking test:match through attainGoal; call it custom-test-1
 At last, we have another goal like custom-test1, working on different
tests; call it custom-test-2

The problem that we see is that if we execute:
    maven create-env custom-test-1 custom-test-2
the tests are recompiled 3 times, even if they are already compiled and
sources have not changed.

Is there a way to control test compilation? Is there a way to avoid test
recompilation while executing test:match?

TIA
MM

Re: avoid recompilation of test files

Posted by Iulian Costan <iu...@gmail.com>.
if i remember correctly from maven 1.* days you should chain the goals using
prereqs attribute rather than attainGoal tag.

in your case:

<goal name="custom-test" prereqs="create-env custom-test-1 custom-test-2">
</goal>

will execute each goal only once.

/iulian

[M1][repost] avoid recompilation of test files

Posted by Manlio Malaidini <mm...@gmail.com>.
Guys, a few days ago I've posted this message without getting any answer.

I'd like to know if the idea of avoiding recompilation of test files makes
sense, it's possible, it should be a feature request, or I'm completely off.

Thanks
MM