Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Yakovlev N." <ya...@krvostok.ru> on 2016/10/24 06:02:03 UTC

Cyrillic encoding Openmeetings 3.1.3

Hi,

Openmeetings 3.1.3 has been installed on Centos 7.
MariaDB was created by command - DB has been recreated with "CREATE DATABASE
openmeetings DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci".
LANG="ru_RU.UTF-8" is used as locale on Centos 7.
All records in MariaDB have symbols ???????? instead of russian ones.
If I change the records in DB directly (manually) all russian DB-fields look
in OM web interface correctly.
I think something is wrong by recording data into MariaDB.
Where?
Whether anybody knows where is problem?

Thanks.

Regards
Nikolay

RE: Cyrillic encoding Openmeetings 3.1.3

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Good to know you have solved it.
And thanks for posting solution, might help others :)

Seems to be Maria DB specific setting

WBR, Maxim
(from mobile, sorry for the typos)