Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Kamil Dworakowski <kd...@onet.pl> on 2006/07/13 12:33:30 UTC

why modules are added when I create multi module project?

Hello,

when one adds a multi module project separate continuum projects for
parent and modules are created. Moreover parent project has
--non-recursive option. This seems to make sens at first. The bad news
was that modifying a module that every other depends on doesn't trigger
rebuild of others. Just parent and the modified module are rebuild.
Removing --non-recursive option from parent builds everything but than
why do I need continuum projects for modules? Dependencies between
modules are easy to figure out from pom. It should work.

Or maybe I am wrong and there is some rationale behind?

Greetings,
Kamil

Re: why modules are added when I create multi module project?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Tomasz Pik a écrit :
> On 7/13/06, Kamil Dworakowski <kd...@onet.pl> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> when one adds a multi module project separate continuum projects for
>> parent and modules are created. Moreover parent project has
>> --non-recursive option. This seems to make sens at first. The bad news
>> was that modifying a module that every other depends on doesn't trigger
>> rebuild of others. Just parent and the modified module are rebuild.
>> Removing --non-recursive option from parent builds everything but than
>> why do I need continuum projects for modules?
>
> I just manually removed them and all works fine :)
>
>> Dependencies between
>> modules are easy to figure out from pom. It should work.
>
> yes, but...
> those are dependencies inside given project and reactor can resolve
> them.
> but when you've other project depending subproject of your project
> and this subproject is not registered as a project in contunuum, then
> something like 'trigger build of my project if one of projects i'm
> depending
> on has been rebuild'[*] won't work.
>
> Regards,
> Tomek
>
> [*] is there such a funcionality already implemented in continuum?

not yet, it will be in 1.1

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.