Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gupta, Shaina" <Sh...@arcesium.com> on 2018/01/19 13:17:44 UTC

Tomcat release for java9

Hello,

Could you please let me know when can we expect a new release for tomcat which would support java9.

I can see that the endorsed directory related issue in tomcat 7.x for running in java9 has been fixed in https://github.com/apache/tomcat70/commit/e7ae8664922cd54fabe847527bad614bcd5ce301#diff-da184cf589a25174c11dc3f4dbaeb0b4

Thanks,
Shaina

  ________________________________

This message may contain confidential information protected by law. The contents of this email are to be viewed only by the intended recipient. If you received this message in error, notify the sender immediately and delete the original message without printing. Product descriptions, pricing and similar content is for information only and does not constitute an offer, warranty or guarantee. Contracts with Arcesium are formed only by written documents bearing the signature of its authorized representative.

Re: Tomcat release for java9

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.

> > Hello,
> >
> > Could you please let me know when can we expect a new release for
tomcat which would support java9.

> > I can see that the endorsed directory related issue in tomcat 7.x for
running in java9 has been fixed in
https://github.com/apache/tomcat70/commit/e7ae8664922cd54fabe847527bad614bcd5ce301#diff-da184cf589a25174c11dc3f4dbaeb0b4

> We are currently voting Tomcat 7.0.84.
> You may take a look at the proposed release, test it and provide feedback.

Here is a link to the voting
https://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=151637649125895&w=2

Re: Tomcat release for java9

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.