Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2012/11/14 22:00:14 UTC

Public Network and Shared Network Mode

Do I really need a Public Network if I'm using a shared network offering? Reason why I am asking, is that public network is presented in Add Zone wizard when you choose Advanced Network setup and there is no way to delete it.. (that I know off).

It would make sense to have Public Network when you use Isolated mode (like AWS), but since I'm using shared - I see no point. Plus, once I got my Advanced Network Mode to function as expected, I don't see CS allocating any Public IP addresses, only Guest..

Please confirm,

Thanks

Re: Public Network and Shared Network Mode

Posted by "Jim L." <ji...@pobox.com>.
Thank you for doing this.  It is already helpful.

--Jim Leary

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

________________________________

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
The document looks good. I would recommend to add a couple of screen shots showing how you configure network hypervisor labels from AddZone->SetupNetwork as you have multiple physical networks.

-Alena.

From: <Musayev>, Ilya <im...@webmd.net>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>

That explains why I have 2 out of 50 used :)

So I can define a smaller subset then..

Like mentioned before, please keep me honest on the documenting my setup here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Advanced+Network+Tutorial+-+Step+by+Step

You do. System vms - Console proxy and Secondary storage - will have interface in this network. You'll see public ips allocated for those instances.

-Alena.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.