Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kunal Suri <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/13 11:57:18 UTC

Prerequisites for getting started with Hadoop

Hi,

I have been using Hadoop and MapReduce to analyse some huge text logs. It's
a great software and I would like to contribute to it.

It'll be very helpful if you could tell me the knowledge prerequisites for
contributing to Hadoop.

As far as my background is concerned, I have a decent knowledge of
distributed computing. I also have a strong background in Core Java
covering concepts such as logging, collections, file i/o, javabeans,
localization, reflection, threads and networking.

It'll be great if I am given a chance to work on it.

Regards,
Kunal

Note:- I am sorry if this is a wrong group. It was mentioned that this
group was meant  for developer interactions.

Re: Prerequisites for getting started with Hadoop

Posted by Wei Yan <yw...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kunai,

You can check the page http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute.

thanks,