Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com> on 2009/09/15 01:18:48 UTC

Is it possible to query for "everything" ?

I'm using Solr for seach and faceted browsing

Is it possible to have solr search for 'everything' , at least as far
as q is concerned ?

The request handlers I've found don't like it if I don't pass in a q
parameter

Re: Is it possible to query for "everything" ?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
[* TO *] on the standard handler is an implicit query of
default_field_name:[* TO *] which matches only documents that have the
default field on them.   So [* TO *] and *:* are two very different
queries, only the latter guaranteed to match all documents.

	Erik

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Hill <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Weber <ma...@mattweber.org>.