Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Bernagou <bl...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/21 12:53:59 UTC

1 depency find, 10 downloaded!

Hello (world),

I'm a sort of noob in Maven2.0.7. I'm using Eclipse WTP and the latest
maven-eclipse-plugin.

I defined theses dependencies :
      <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.15</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
      <version>1.4.3</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.4.3</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.sun.jdmk</groupId>
      <artifactId>jmxtools</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
      <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
      <version>5.0.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
      <artifactId>tapestry-ioc</artifactId>
      <version>5.0.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
      <artifactId>tapestry-annotations</artifactId>
      <version>5.0.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-logging-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.schema</groupId>
      <artifactId>XmlSchema</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>activation</groupId>
      <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
      <version>1.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.axiom</groupId>
      <artifactId>axiom-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.axiom</groupId>
      <artifactId>axiom-dom</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
      <artifactId>axis2-kernel</artifactId>
      <version>1.3</version>
    </dependency>

And when I launched the script :
%M2_HOME%\bin\mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5

It download something like 20 librairies more such as avalon-framework,
neethi, etc... why?? I suppose there is a dependency who create many
inherance but for example, axis2-kernel, I was able to use it in the past
without all these libraries...

--
Michael Bernagou
Java Developper

Re: 1 depency find, 10 downloaded!

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 21, 2007 12:53 PM, Michael Bernagou <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello (world),
>
> I'm a sort of noob in Maven2.0.7. I'm using Eclipse WTP and the latest
> maven-eclipse-plugin.
>
> I defined theses dependencies :

[...]

> And when I launched the script :
> %M2_HOME%\bin\mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5
>
> It download something like 20 librairies more such as avalon-framework,
> neethi, etc... why?? I suppose there is a dependency who create many
> inherance but for example, axis2-kernel, I was able to use it in the past
> without all these libraries...

execute "mvn -X test" and maven will print whole dependency tree
so you will see which dependencies are defined as child dependencies
of your dependencies.
This is called 'transitive dependencies' and you may find how to exclude them
here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs-1#FAQs-1-CanIdisabletransitivedependencies%3F

HTH,
Tomek

Re: 1 depency find, 10 downloaded!

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 12:53 +0100, Michael Bernagou wrote:

> And when I launched the script :
> %M2_HOME%\bin\mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5
>
> It download something like 20 librairies more such as avalon-framework,
> neethi, etc... why?? I suppose there is a dependency who create many
> inherance but for example, axis2-kernel, I was able to use it in the past
> without all these libraries...

They might be dependencies of the eclipse plugin itself (I haven't
checked).

-Olivier