Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Owen D Burroughs <OW...@uk.ibm.com> on 2003/01/06 17:45:15 UTC

Re: [wsif] JMS/EJB samples feedback

Hi Nirmal,

I've successfully run the EJB sample on WebSphere 5. In order to do so
however, I had to make a minor change to the wsdl file. In the ejb:address
the jndi initial context and provider URL are both specified (using JBoss
values). WSIF takes the values specified in the wsdl in priority over any
local settings and so the WebSphere jndi properties were not picked up (I
got a ClassNotFoundException for the JBoss class).

By removing the two values from the ejb:address, my local settings could be
picked up and everything worked ok. Therefore I would suggest that since
the sample is designed to run against different application servers, and
possible using non-standard configurations for those servers, the jndi
values should be removed from the wsdl to allow the user to specify there
own settings (e.g, via a jndi.properties file). The initialContextFactory
and jndiProviderURL attributes in the ejb:address are best used in
situations where the person generating the wsdl has full knowledge/control
over the jndi environment (both server and client side).

Regards,
Owen

|         |           Nirmal           |
|         |           Mukhi/Watson/IBM@|
|         |           IBMUS            |
|         |           27/12/2002 17:59 |
|         |           axis-dev         |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org                                                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  [wsif] JMS/EJB samples feedback                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

I just added the JMS sample. Could you folks try it out and give me some
feedback, specifically on how easy it is to set up with the provided
documentation? I have included a prepackaged jar for deploying to JBoss, if
somebody could chip in with similarly prepackaged stuff for
WebSphere/WebLogic I'm sure users would find that useful. Try out the EJB
sample too!

Thanks,
Nirmal.

Re: [wsif] JMS/EJB samples feedback

Posted by Nirmal Mukhi <nm...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Owen,

Thanks for trying this out. Good to hear you were able to run it. I was
aware of the JBoss-specific nature of the endpoint information on the
WSDL. The sample documentation tells the user to modify it appropriately,
so I think that's fine. It's nice to have something there so that the
freeloading user (who downloads JBoss) can run it with minimum effort
(i.e. without having to edit any JBoss-specific property files). Other
users can edit or remove the addressing info entirely (depending on a
property file in the latter case). I'll make sure the doc is clear on
this.

Thanks,
Nirmal.

"Owen D Burroughs" <OW...@uk.ibm.com>

[...]