Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rick Dearman <rd...@egomaniacs.net> on 2001/04/11 16:15:33 UTC

Newbie question

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question, however it
appeared to be the only xerces-c mailing list.

Basicly I have used the example given in the documention to create a
program for parsing XML. When I get to the following portion of the code:

MySAXHandler::startElement(const XMLCh* const name,
                           AttributeList& attributes)
{
    // transcode() is an user application defined function which
    // converts unicode strings to usual 'char *'. Look at
    // the sample program SAXCount for an example implementation.
    cout << "I saw element: " << transcode(name) << endl;
}
I get a message from MSVC++ 6.0 which says:

error C2065: 'transcode': undeclared identifier.

I have looked through the SAXCount and I cannot find an implementation
of transcode() other than something in StrX which refers to
XMLString::transcode(toTranscode)

What am I doing wrong?

--
Rick Dearman
Group IT Development Manager

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
I think the documentation is out of date.  The samples have been modified to
use XMLFormatter for better transcoding support.  Please refer to
SAXPrintHandlers for latest sample code.  You may want to open a Bugzilla bug
to report this out-of-date documentation error.

Tinny