Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> on 2013/09/09 19:06:45 UTC

Configurable behavior on empty assemblies

I'm packaging my (multi-module) product using an assembly of assemblies
approach for projects that have "extra" stuff that needs to be included in
the distribution (i.e. other than their regular attached JAR). I'm having
problems with inheriting the assembly plugin executions in cases where
there is nothing else to package. I can't figure out how to make the
assembly plugin no-op in cases where it discovers that there is nothing to
assemble.

Is there such a feature? If not what is the correct way to go about
requesting it?

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
Advisory Software Engineer | IBM Watson Solutions Release Engineering
email: carej@us.ibm.com | External: 919-543-4907 | Tie line: 441-4907