Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by hbaseuser <os...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/13 20:28:34 UTC

Play an audio file stored in HBASE in HTML5 audio player

I have an audio file stored in HBASE as a binary .

Also I have a web page with HTML5 audio player like this :

<audio controls="controls" preload="Auto">

<source src="http://hbase/table/file/..." type="audio/ogg">

</audio>

The problem that the player is not seekable , means that I have to listen to
it till the end and unable to jump to the middle . When I point to another
file this is perfectly works .

 What could be the problem  ?

Re: Play an audio file stored in HBASE in HTML5 audio player

Posted by Sanel Zukan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

hbaseuser <os...@gmail.com> writes:
> I have an audio file stored in HBASE as a binary .

In HBase? I would suggest you to put it on hdfs, since web server has to
know how to calculate offsets when client requests specific position in
audio stream.

If you have a custom web server, you can use SequenceFile; in case of
nginx/apache http/whatever, you can try to access it via fuse.

Best.