Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org> on 2016/08/02 04:40:44 UTC

Time for a 1.8 release

Hi Everyone,

   I think its time to roll out 1.8.  Would any PMC member/committer  like
to volunteer to be the release manager?

Parth

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Just a reminder that if you want to include
work-in-progress/under-review patch in 1.8 release, please reply to
this email and get it reviewed asap.  The tentative cut-off day is
Monday.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Both DRILL-4836 and DRILL-4766 were merged. I'll start to build the
release today.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Venki Korukanti <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <su...@apache.org>.

RE: Time for a 1.8 release

Posted by Dave Oshinsky <do...@commvault.com>.
Jinfeng,
Please see my new commit & comment in PR 517.

I attached debugger to Drill and found it's passing through line 172 (not 315-316) of ExpressionTreeMaterializer.java, and that the "toType" object is one of those runtime generated ones (name like TypeProtos$MajorType@8570).  Rather than attempt to change that code, I made another change to CastIntDecimal.java which avoids repeated calculation of the precision when it is already provided.  Please review.

Dave Oshinsky

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
I put a comment in PR 517.

Re: Time for a 1.8 release