Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Felipe Piccirilo <fp...@terra.com.br> on 2004/08/17 16:40:25 UTC

SA with multiple domains and milter

Hi folks,

	I'm using Sendmail-8.12.11, SpamAssassin-2.64 and invoking spamd through spamass-milter-0.2.0 setted up MailFilters on sendmail.mc.

	I would like to know if anyone here are using the spamassassin as a gateway to multiple domains that has their mail server behind the mail gateway server (where the spamassassin is installed).

	I had set up the mail redirect in sendmail quite right, but spamassassin is filtering every mail from every domain that is passing through this server, but I'd like to be able to select if in a determinated domain, spamassassin will act or not.

	There's any way to do that with milter configuring sendmail.cf(mc)? or How can I use different config files for each one domain that my mail server gateway manager?

regards,

Felipe Piccirilo
fpiccirilo<at>terra.com.br

Re: SA with multiple domains and milter

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Felipe Piccirilo wrote:
> I'm using Sendmail-8.12.11, SpamAssassin-2.64 and invoking spamd
> through spamass-milter-0.2.0 setted up MailFilters on sendmail.mc.

> I had set up the mail redirect in sendmail quite right, but
> spamassassin is filtering every mail from every domain that is
> passing through this server, but I'd like to be able to select if in
> a determinated domain, spamassassin will act or not.

There's nothing in the milter interface or sendmail configuration that I
know of to allow this, but some milter programs can do much more
fine-grained processing.

You might want to look into switching to MIMEDefang
(http://www.mimedefang.org) instead of spamass-milter - MIMEDefang is
mostly written in Perl and includes a specific function to do exactly
what you're looking for:  different processing for different recipient
domains.

This isn't really a SpamAssassin question;  you'll probably get more
information from a sendmail list or newsgroup, or a list for specific
milter.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!