Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2016/06/27 09:03:34 UTC

Slaves starting while master still running

We use the file based locking for a master/slave setup of activemq with
NFSv4 as filer for the kahadb.

We recently had a production problem where slaves were booting up while
the master was still running.
The lock file was still present but I assume that the nfs lock was
somehow lost.

Does anyone know in what circumstances this can happen and how to
diagnose and ideally avoid it?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Slaves starting while master still running

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
There are a number of threads about the problem in the archives of this
mailing list.