Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by olivier giorgi <ol...@yahoo.fr.INVALID> on 2022/03/26 11:53:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache : Redirect web requests - Keep the same host in the URL

Hello all,

The goal is that users will continue to connect to "https:/server1" but will actually browse to "https://server2".

I have successfully redirected from "server1" to "server2" via apache/http, but the url seen in the browser changes.
 In the following configuration, how can I make this redirection completely transparent to end users? <VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName server2

ServerAlias server2

ErrorLog "C:\Apache24\logs/Error.log"

TransferLog "C:\Apache24\logs/access.log"

LogLevel warn

 SSLEngine on

SSLProxyEngine On

 SSLCertificateFile "E:\certificat\proxy\server2.cer"

SSLCertificateKeyFile "E:\certificat\proxy\server2.dsone.3ds.com_self.key"

 ProxyPass /3dpassport "https://server1/3dpassport"

ProxyPassReverse /3dpassport "https://server1/3dpassport"

</VirtualHost>

Good week-end !

Re: [users@httpd] Apache : Redirect web requests - Keep the same host in the URL

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
First point: you're proxying, and not redirecting.

Secondly, if the end user sees the URL change, then the ProxyPassReverse
directive is too specific. Some part of the page content could also be
causing issues, so that would need to be inspected first.