Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by andreas_triebel <an...@adesso.ch> on 2012/11/02 10:26:35 UTC

How to use org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.SAMLCallback.setAssertionElement()?

In my SAMLCallbackHandler I try to set the assertion element with the current
subject's public credentials (SAMLCredential). This approach ends up with
the following error:

/Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR: A node is used in
a different document than the one that created it.
    at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.internalInsertBefore(ParentNode.java:351)
    at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.insertBefore(ParentNode.java:283)
    at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.appendChild(NodeImpl.java:236)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AbstractBindingBuilder.insertAfter(AbstractBindingBuilder.java:190)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AbstractBindingBuilder.addSupportingElement(AbstractBindingBuilder.java:232)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AbstractBindingBuilder.addSignatureParts(AbstractBindingBuilder.java:698)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AbstractBindingBuilder.addSupportingTokens(AbstractBindingBuilder.java:2126)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AsymmetricBindingHandler.doSignBeforeEncrypt(AsymmetricBindingHandler.java:144)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AsymmetricBindingHandler.handleBinding(AsymmetricBindingHandler.java:98)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor$PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptorInternal.handleMessage(PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor.java:165)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor$PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptorInternal.handleMessage(PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor.java:89)
    at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:262)
    at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.doInvoke(ClientImpl.java:531)
    at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:464)
    at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:367)
    at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:320)
    at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:89)
    at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134
    ... 18 more/

The SAMLCallbackHandler looks like this:
/...
public void handle(Callback[] callbacks) throws IOException,
UnsupportedCallbackException {
    for (int i = 0; i < callbacks.length; i++) {
        if (callbacks[i] instanceof SAMLCallback) {
            SAMLCallback sc = (SAMLCallback) callbacks[i];
            Subject subject =
org.jboss.security.SecurityContextAssociation.getSubject();
            Set<SamlCredential> samlCreds =
subject.getPublicCredentials(SamlCredential.class);
            for (SamlCredential samlCred : samlCreds) {
                 Element assertion = samlCred.getAssertionAsElement();
                 sc.setAssertionElement(assertion);
            }
.../

Is it not meant to be used like this or is there another way to reuse the
current subject's SAMLCredential in CXF?

Thanks
Andreas

Re: How to use org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.SAMLCallback.setAssertionElement()?

Posted by andreas_triebel <an...@adesso.ch>.
Ticket created. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4612

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Yep that's the issue, well spotted Andrei. Andreas, please create a JIRA
and I will take it from there.

Colm.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: How to use org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.SAMLCallback.setAssertionElement()?

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
For me looks like as a defect in AbstractBindingBuilder.addSignatureParts().

As far as I can see SAML assertion element is not imported into SecurtyHeader document:
                    SecurityTokenReference secRef = createSTRForSamlAssertion(doc, assertionWrapper.getId(), saml1, false);
                    addSupportingElement(secRef.getElement());

 as it is done for example for WSSecSignature:
                    SecurityTokenReference secRef = tempSig.getSecurityTokenReference();