Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Eung-ju Park <co...@isoft.co.kr> on 2001/11/14 05:44:05 UTC

Broken excalibur.component.*, excalibur.logger.* and phoenix's version 1.1 logger.

I update my blocks with new Logger and LogEnabled.
I'm broken ;-)

Broken excalibur.component.*, excalibur.logger.* and phoenix's version 1.1
logger with new Logger and LogEnabled.

How to adopt LogEnabled to excalibur.component.* and excalibur.logger.* ?

Thanks.

----
 * Eung-ju Park <co...@apache.org>, <co...@isoft.co.kr>
 Life without music would be a mistake. --Nietzsche

Re: Broken excalibur.component.*, excalibur.logger.* and phoenix's version 1.1 logger.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:44, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> I update my blocks with new Logger and LogEnabled.
> I'm broken ;-)

doh.

> Broken excalibur.component.*, excalibur.logger.* and phoenix's version 1.1
> logger with new Logger and LogEnabled.

It is to maintain backwards compatability. When the interfaces in
Avalon/Framework have been deprecated for long enough we can upgrade these
components.

> How to adopt LogEnabled to excalibur.component.* and excalibur.logger.* ?

Well in the short term I wouldn't ;) Phoenix will continue to allow you to
use the old style interface for a while now. So just keep that until
excalibur is updated.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"You know what a dumbshit the 'average man' on the street is? Well, by
definition, half of them are even dumber than that!"
					J.R. "Bob" Dobbs