Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Pa...@kohls.com on 2006/07/20 16:16:35 UTC

Getting closer on shutdown script

Hi,

I've believe that you MUST use port 1099 as the "registry.port=" and
"remote.cache.service.port=1099" to make this work along with specifiying
port 1099 in the startup script.  This is because in the class/method
"RemoteCacheServer.shutdown()" you have hardcoded port 1099 in the
statement:

RemoteCacheServerFactory.shutdownImpl("",1099);

When I use this port, the shutdown works, however, I still get one
exception as follows:

[DEBUG] RemoteCacheServerFactory - -looking up server
//:1099/org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.behavior.IRemoteCacheService
[DEBUG] RemoteCacheServerFactory - -server found
[ERROR] RemoteCacheServerFactory - -Problem calling shutdown.
<java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header:
java.io.EOFException>java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
header: java.io.EOFException
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:213)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer_Stub.shutdown(Unknown
 Source)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:280)

Everything appears to shutdown properly but I'm concerned that this error
should be resolved.  What does it mean, and do I have to be concerned / do
something to eliminate it?

Thanks for your assistance and any helpful suggestions.

Paul

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.