Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/12 23:18:30 UTC

Migration from Bugzilla to JIRA?

A large effort is being doing by Infrastructure folks to move away from Bugzilla to JIRA. Does
anyone have problems with moving all WS projects to JIRA (http://issues.apache.org/jira/)?

Thanks,
dims

=====

Re: Migration from Bugzilla to JIRA?

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
I've seen it in action at codehaus on the jcontainer project as well as
Maven.

imho it provides everything Bugzilla does plus several nice features.  I
am by no means a seasoned user, but here are two things I noticed:
1. Integration with jelly allows Maven to automatically build a changelog
2. the Roadmap provides a nice place for developers to plan ahead

Now, a lot of people esp. in Jakarta have reservations because its a
commercial product. Here's a post from earlier today on commons-dev@jakarta:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=41648

I like the two features I mentioned above, but am fairly sure they could
be built in to scarab or bugzilla if we itched enough.  I am not
familiar enough with either's features to bring anything they offer into
the discussion, so hopefully someone can contribute?

So, -0.

Thoughts?
--
Ryan Hoegg