Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Arnold deVos <ad...@langdale.com.au> on 2001/09/05 09:47:07 UTC

ANN: Styler task extended to regular fragmentations, custom types.

Hi,

this is to followup an earlier announcement of an XML/XSLT processing task
for Ant.  I've extended the styler task to allow custom parsers,
transformers and serializers.  Based on that, I've added a transformer for
"regular fragmentations" (see http://simonstl.com/projects/fragment/ ).

I expect the ability to split up element content to be rather useful in
pipelines with XSLT transformations.   Combined with the HTML parser it
should make the styler task ideal for "screen scraping".

One of our applications is to convert template.HTML->(styler
pipeline)->skin.XSLT and then data.XML+skin.XSLT->(styler
pipeline)->view.HTML

The styler task makes useful combinations of XSLT transformations easy to
specify in an Ant build file. Like the built-in task style, styler can apply
a single transformation to a set of XML files. But it can also:

* handle multiple transformations, in parallel or pipelined.
* enable transformations that split or merge files
* process non-XML files, especially HTML (based on JTidy)
* apply non-XSLT transformation, especially "regular fragmentations"
* use any custom XMLReader or XMLFilter class to handle new file formats and
transformation techniques.

Download under LGPL at http://www.langdale.com.au/styler/

--
Arnold deVos
Langdale Consultants

Re: Styler task extended to regular fragmentations, custom types.

Posted by Arnold deVos <ad...@langdale.com.au>.
Hi Coner,

> I haven't had time to look at your task.

I noticed a bit of activity surround the 1.4 release :-)

> I'm not sure we can accept LGPL
> code into the Ant repository.

If its of interest I will simply re-release it under an Apache license.

Regards,
Arnold

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:01, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Arnold,
>
> I haven't had time to look at your task. I'm not sure we can accept LGPL
> code into the Ant repository.
>
> Peter, any insight?

Nope - any source in Apache CVS has to be ASL'ed and copyright assigned to
Apache.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"If people are good only because they fear punishment,
and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
                                 -Albert Einstein

RE: Styler task extended to regular fragmentations, custom types.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Arnold,