Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jim Xie <ji...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/14 01:25:56 UTC

Fast, easy and friendly ORM (Alternative to Hibernate or JPA)

Dear Wicket Users,

Dreamsource ORM has been used in three major applications for over three
years. It solves the following problems:

   1. Whatever you codes happens in database.
   2. No detached enhanced object. So it can be used with any frameworks
   like Spring, GWT.
   3. No lazy loading. Just eager loading because you can expect whatever
   you want during coding. Eager loading removes n + 1 queries.
   4. Queries can be defined through *Select* or *Query* with support of
   built-in Converters.*Select* can be constructed based on objects *Table*
   , *Column*, And. *Column* can be obtained from *Table* and it has a lot
   of methods such as *greaterThan()*, *betweenAnd()*, which can be used to
   define predicates. *Select* supports pagination control. *Query* can be
   constructed from a string SQL statement. It supports parameter binding.
   5. It provides more flexible query features than JPA 2.0. It eliminates
   the regeneration of a metamodel class from a annotated entity.
   6. built-in converter that can be used to convert a Java Object into a
   frontend String or a frontend String into a backend Java Object. The
   converter prevents data conversion from scattering different pages and
   layers.
   7. built-in validator that can be used to validate an input POJO object
   before it is saved or updated. The validation prevents invalid data from
   being persisted.
   8. Each database table needs the following objects:

      - an entity object which extends *POJO*.
      - a primary key object which extends *TablePK* if there is a composite
      primary key.
      - a table object which extends *Table*.
      - a converter which extends *Converter* (optional).
      - a validator which extends *Validatable* (optional).

   The above code can be generated using Dreamsource ORM Code Generator
   which is an Eclipse plugin.

   9. It provides most demanding features in a small library (522,217
   bytes).
   10. Easy to learn and use because it just mirrors SQL statements.
   11. High performance compared to Hibernate.
   12. High productivity compared to Hibernate.

You can find Spring and GWT examples from
http://www.leeonsoft.com/examples.jsp.

Whoever makes a serious comparison of Dreamsource ORM with Hibernate or JPA
will be rewarded one license. Any feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,

Jim Xie
http://www.leeonsoft.com
http://code.google.com/p/dreamsource-orm/

Re: Fast, easy and friendly ORM (Alternative to Hibernate or JPA)

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
lets keep this list reserved for wicket-related flamewars only, keep
the other ones on tss :)

-igor

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I was going to let you folks come to your own conclusions and
hopefully we wouldn't re-hash the discussion here.

Posted by Clint Popetz <cl...@42lines.net>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Fellow Wicketeers,