Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Don Vaillancourt <do...@avaterra.com> on 2000/04/25 22:20:24 UTC

building JServ

Hi,

I'm trying tp build JServ using the following statement which works
fine.

./configure --with-apache-src=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/apache_1.3.12
--prefix=/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/jserv --enable-debugging
--with-JSDK=/wwwkia/jars/servlet.jar

Afterwards I'll execute make;make install and will get several errors
such as the one listed below.

/wwwkia/apache_1.3.12/ApacheJServ-1.1/src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServSession.java:74:
class org.apache.jserv.JServSession must be declared abstract. It does
not define java.lang.Object getAttribute(java.lang.String) from
interface javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
public class JServSession implements HttpSession, JServLogChannels,
Serializable {

What gives.  I just downloaded the most recent version of the Servlet
development kit.  As well as the most recent version of the JServ source
code version 1.1.

Anyone have a clue.  The help files on the javasoft web site don't have
the method such as the one above for the interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession, but obviously something is wrong.

Don

Re: building JServ

Posted by Jun Inamori <j-...@osa.att.ne.jp>.
Hi Don,

I've also experienced some trouble building JServ. And I solved it.
Based on my experience, I've uploaded the documentation about building
JServ and Tomcat to my Web site.
It is available at:
	http://www.oop-reserch.com
I've not examined about your trouble yet, so I'll post more detailed
mail.

--

Happy Java programming!

Jun Inamori
E-mail: j-office@osa.att.ne.jp

Problem with getting Tomcat to work with Apache on Windows NT

Posted by Qingxiang Ke <qk...@cisco.com>.
Hi, folks,

I followed exactly the installation FAQ, but somehow the my Tomcat 3.1
doesn't work with Apache 1.3.12 on windows NT. I did get jserv module dll
file from tomcat's distribution. Could some body point out what I might
have done wrong.

Thanks.

Qingxiang