Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike <mp...@comcast.net> on 2009/07/29 20:38:04 UTC

Multi select faceting

Hi,

We're using Lucid Imagination's LucidWorks Solr 1.3 and we have a requirement to implement multiple-select faceting where the facet cells show up as checkboxes and despite checked options, all of the options continue to persist with counts. The best example I found is the search on Lucid Imagination's site: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/

It appears the Solr 1.4 release has support for doing this with filter tagging (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#head-f277d409b221b407d9c5430f552bf40ee6185c4c), but I was wondering if there was another way to accomplish this in 1.3?

Mike

Re: Multi select faceting

Posted by Mike <mp...@comcast.net>.
Grant, thanks for the reply. We tested our requirement against 1.4-dev and
were able to achieve what we wanted. The site we're rebuilding has low
traffic, so we're going to run with 1.4-dev.

Cheers.

Re: Multi select faceting

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.