Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jay Walters <jw...@computer.org> on 2001/12/31 05:35:16 UTC

Re: Crimson/Xerces JAXP Problem

Sorry it's been a while.  With crimson I am using the DOMEcho sample
program.  It takes 3s with DOMEcho <xml file> and much much longer
(hours?) with DOMEcho -v <xml file>.  This is true whether I use
crimson.jar or xercesImpl.jar from the 2.0 Beta4 release.  Either way it
runs in < 10s with the Writer example from Xerces 2.0 Beta4 release.
Perhaps that one doesn't really validate if -v is turned on?  I would be
happy to send along the xml file and dtd if that would help. It's the
standard uml13.dtd file and a pretty small class model (< 2000 lines) in
the XML file.

Cheers