Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by xin zhang <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/02 17:17:53 UTC

Failed to initialize OAuth

Hi

I checkout the latest shindig code from the  its Subversion repository, I got the following error no matter I start it in jetty server or install the war file to tomcat.

WARNING: Failed to initialize OAuth
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 404
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.apache.shindig.gadgets.BasicGadgetSpecFactory.getGadgetSpec(BasicGadgetSpecFactory.java:81)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.BasicGadgetOAuthTokenStore.storeProviderInfos(BasicGadgetOAuthTokenStore.java:73)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.BasicGadgetOAuthTokenStore.initFromConfigFile(BasicGadgetOAuthTokenStore.java:57)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthFetcherFactory.&lt;init&gt;(OAuthFetcherFactory.java:60)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthFetcherFactory$$FastClassByGuice$$93352e00.newInstance(&lt;generated&gt;)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at com.google.inject.cglib.reflect.FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at com.google.inject.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$2.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:67)

How to fix the problem?

Thanks

Re: Failed to initialize OAuth

Posted by Dirk Balfanz <di...@gmail.com>.
Hrm. Maybe it's time to attach a debugger or fire up a network sniffer
to see who's handing you that 404?

Dirk.

Posted by xin zhang <xi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Dirk.

That seems ok. I run curl http://localhost:8080/gadgets/files/samplecontainer/examples/oauth.xml and it returns the xml file.

Looks to me like it can't fetch one of the gadgets listed in
config/oauth.json. From where you're running jetty, can you curl the
gadgets listed in oauth.json?

Dirk.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM, xin zhang &lt;xin_fun@yahoo.com&gt; wrote:
&gt; Hi
&gt;
&gt; I checkout the latest shindig code from the  its Subversion repository, I
got the following error no matter I start it in jetty server or install the war
file to tomcat.
&gt;
&gt; WARNING: Failed to initialize OAuth
&gt; org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml.
HTTP error 404
&gt;         at
[...]
&gt; How to fix the problem?
&gt;