Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/01/08 16:46:03 UTC

Message in (current) default theme

Hi,

When it was 1st created the Business Time theme (current default theme) used a time out for the message popup. After some time we
decided that this was not convenient because in certain occasions the message could not be read. Then we replaced the message popup
with time out by a popup which needs to be clicked on to disappear. But now that I use it in real life I find it boring, because any
time you create or edit something you need to validate the message. So I propose to change this behaviour and to have something like
we had before : it shows somewhere but you don't need to validate.

Of course using the  Dropping Crumb theme as default theme is another way, but it would not fix the current behavior of the Business
Time theme.

What do you think?

Jacques

Re: Message in (current) default theme

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
+1 for moving he screen down to make space as in the old scheme......

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: Message in (current) default theme

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Rashko Rejmer" <rr...@iguanait.com>
> Hi Jacques,
>
> Sorry about the late reply, I am a little busy right now but I can
> give it a try at the end of the next week.

No worries, you are welcome Rashko

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Jacques,

From: "Rashko Rejmer" <rr...@iguanait.com>

Posted by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
+1

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When it was 1st created the Business Time theme (current default
> theme) used a time out for the message popup. After some time we
> decided that this was not convenient because in certain occasions the
> message could not be read. Then we replaced the message popup
> with time out by a popup which needs to be clicked on to disappear.
> But now that I use it in real life I find it boring, because any
> time you create or edit something you need to validate the message. So
> I propose to change this behaviour and to have something like
> we had before : it shows somewhere but you don't need to validate.
>
> Of course using the  Dropping Crumb theme as default theme is another
> way, but it would not fix the current behavior of the Business
> Time theme.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jacques

What about having both versions together: the message will disappear
after sometime (as it was before) but you can still click on it for
faster closing?

An improvement would be to add a [x]  sign at the message corner, so
users guess that it can be clicked and closed.

Having old version back has a drawback: users might not be able to read
the message before it disappears automatically.

Bilgin