Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by ranjan sasmal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/19 16:42:00 UTC

Issues occured

Hi Sir,

please help me my issues . I can't understand why searchbutton is not
working on cordova app during search key pressed in android.

Below my code..............

<head>
    <title>Search Button Example</title>

    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="cordova.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

    // Wait for device API libraries to load
    //
    function onLoad() {
        document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
    }

    // device APIs are available
    //
    function onDeviceReady() {
        // Register the event listener
        document.addEventListener("searchbutton", onSearchKeyDown, false);
    }

    // Handle the search button
    //
    function onSearchKeyDown() {
    console.log('ok');
    }

    </script>
</head>
<input type="search" />

It should console ok msg . but it is not working why?

Thanks
Ranjan Sasmal.

Re: Issues occured

Posted by Florian Pechwitz <fl...@itizzimo.com>.
That's not a problem of Cordova, it's a problem of your posted code.
That's how you do it:

<head>
<title>Search Button Example</title>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="cordova.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

// Wait for device API libraries to load
//
function onLoad() {
document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
}

// device APIs are available
//
function onDeviceReady() {
// Register the event listener
document.getElementsByTagName("input")[0].addEventListener("click",
onSearchKeyDown, false);
/*Alternative and better way is adding the id attribute to the input like I
did (see the second input)
and then use the following code line:
document.getElementById("search").addEventListener("click",
onSearchKeyDown, false);
*/
}

// Handle the search button
//
function onSearchKeyDown() {
console.log('ok');
}

</script>
</head>
<input type="search" />
<input type="search" id="search" />

--

Herzliche Grüße / Kind Regards

Florian Pechwitz

Core Developer

E florian.pechwitz@itizzimo.com W www.itizzimo.com - www.simplifier.io

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2979169>
<https://www.xing.com/companies/itizzimoag>

--
iTiZZiMO AG - Nürnberger Str. 47A - 97076 Würzburg - Germany
<https://maps.google.com/?q=N%C3%BCrnberger+Str.+47A+-+97076+W%C3%BCrzburg+-+Germany&entry=gmail&source=g>

Registered Office: Würzburg - Registered Court: Amtsgericht Würzburg, HRB
12879

Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Bräutigam (Chairman),
Matthias Weber, Michael Mühleck, Prof. Dr. Karl Liebstückel
Executive
Board: Reza Etemadian (Chairman), Christian Kleinschroth, Christopher
Bouveret, Florian Rühl
©2018 iTiZZiMO AG. This message and any attachments
including its content such as text, images, logos, graphics, videos are
property of iTiZZiMO AG, protected by german and international copyright
laws and must be treated strictly confidential. It may not - neither
completely nor partially - be changed, copied, reproduced, distributed or
made available to the public without the prior written consent of iTiZZiMO
AG or its subsidiaries.

Re: Issues occured

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ranjan,

Re: Issues occured

Posted by Rabindra Nayak <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest look at phonegap Apis.From PhoneGap.com I am not sure this
working now days.
Install a JavaScript code editor.like Visual code for syntax error.
Check and debug by chrome inspect .
Check event handler Apis from phonegap api and check argument you passing
and api written.

Post this kind of question on other forum.We can help but in other forum.