Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@ixonos.com> on 2012/11/04 16:12:38 UTC

Re: Apache httpd reverse proxy setup

On 31/10/2012 20:08:21 GMT, Mark Thomas wrote:

> http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/06/16/deciding-between-modjk-modproxyhttp-and-modproxyajp
>
> The mod_proxy_ajp stability issues are less of an issue now than they
> were when I wrote that article. What that means is if you want the SSL
> benefits of AJP with the mod_proxy_xxx benefits of consistent
> configuration then mod_proxy_ajp is the way to go.

very good post, thanks for the pointer!

Are there any noticeable differences performance wise?
I found this performance comparison that was done on Windows:
http://www.blakerobertson.com/devlog/2012/2/7/performance-comparison-mod_jk-vs-mod_proxy_ajp-for-apache-22.html

The exact performance test methodology is not described but do you
think any conclusions can be drawn on the relative performance figures
for the general case and other platforms? I'm especially interested
about Linux (RHEL 5 and 6 + clones).

marko

Re: Apache httpd reverse proxy setup

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.