Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2013/09/25 01:42:40 UTC

Is Captcha needed in Flex application?

Just curious on the conventional wisdom whether Captcha is required in Flex desktop web applications, or if something inherent in Flex/Flash plug-in means that bots in the web cannot auto-complete user login forms (e.g. username and password) or other forms. I haven't really seen too much for Captcha type components in Flex (is it unnecessary)?

Currently my user login requests an email and password, and for new accounts, requires the user to click on a link to validate his or her email address before registering that user as a valid person. Is that sufficient?

Re: Is Captcha needed in Flex application?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 25/09/2013 00:42, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:
> Just curious on the conventional wisdom whether Captcha is required in Flex desktop web applications,
It stops scripts hitting your backend API directly, at the very least...

Tom

Re: Is Captcha needed in Flex application?

Posted by Stephen C <st...@stephenjc.com>.
Cross domain is not an issue, we run it from a server. It automates
Firefox.

If you need to protect from this I always ask my self. What benefit does
someone have to make a fake account. Most of my systems there is no point.
The only system I use a capcha is my ticket system.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.

Posted by Stephen C <st...@stephenjc.com>.

Posted by st...@mymessage.us.