Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wayne Pope <wa...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/05 09:41:02 UTC

Using continueToOriginalDestination() in a constructor - will it mess up the PageMap?

Hi,

as part of my SWARM 1.4 integration I'm looking trying to get a silent login
functionality working, and have used continueToOriginalDestination() in
constructor of a Login page.

However I saw this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/redirect-page-in-the-constructor-td18111387.html#a18204061

So I have implemented:
if (!getPage().continueToOriginalDestination()) {
           throw new
RestartResponseException(Application.get().getHomePage());
}

This works fine however am I messing up the PageMap?
Its not clear to me how the continueToOriginalDestination() works (looks
like just a boolean value). Is it Ok to do this? Or is there a way to get
the actual intercepted page class and throw a RestartResponseException?

Thanks
Wayne

Re: Using continueToOriginalDestination() in a constructor - will it mess up the PageMap?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
continuetooriginaldestination remembers the url not the page, so it
redirects back to that url. the pagemap should be fine.

-igor