Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bhorvat <ho...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/16 23:11:33 UTC

Accessing symbols from system properties

I am trying to access the symbol properties that are defined when starting
the application using maven like so

<configuration>
      <systemProperties>
             <systemProperty>
                    <name>hibernate.configuration</name>
                    <value>dbt.cfg.xml</value>
             </systemProperty>
             <systemProperty>
                    <name>tapestry.production-mode</name>
                    <value>false}</value>
             </systemProperty>
      </systemProperties>
</configuration>

If I try to access the property that is standard to tapestry like
tapestry.production-mode using the instructions
http://tapestry.apache.org/symbols.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/symbols.html

like this

@Value("${tapestry.production-mode}") boolean productionMode

it works fine but if try to access the non tapestry property in the same
manner it is not working and it should according to the link

SystemProperties Provider
The first provider allows JVM System Properties to provide symbol values.
This allows the use of the java command's -D option to provide runtime
overrides. This is most often used when testing code, rather than in
production. SystemProperties is always checked first.

How can I access the property from the SystemProperties. Any idea?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions today :)

Re: Accessing symbols from system properties

Posted by bhorvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
Now it is working fine, maybe I have misspelled the property before.

I am using it like this as a parameter of the method (maybe that is the
point), before I have used it as a property of the class

@Value("${hibernate.configuration}") final String configFile

Anyway thanks for help

Re: Accessing symbols from system properties

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
I don't think if can differentiate between a "standard" property

Are you sure it is picking up your configuration.

This might help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3231797/specify-system-property-to-maven-project

regards
Taha