Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by chitgoks <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/06 06:02:43 UTC

pdf with vertical mediabox but landscape rotation

hi. i have created annotations in the pdf but i encountered 1 weird pdf
wherein it is displayed as horizontal but the mediabox is 729x1224 which is
vertical and the PDPage.getRottation() has a value of 270

which explains why it is displayed horizontally (landscape).

my problem is when i add annotations, i have a function that calculates the
new coordinates based on the PDPage bounding box since the source of the
coordinates is via web.

what happens is the annotations get misplaced. i tried to switch width and
height so it would be landscaped but this did not work out. i figure there
needs to be some way to probably rotate it virtually so as to correctly
position the annotations?

anyone got ideas perhaps?

Re: pdf with vertical mediabox but landscape rotation

Posted by chitgoks <ch...@gmail.com>.
i think ill do away with the norotate flag then

it is a pain though doing your own rendering lol. but it looks to be the
only way

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by chitgoks <ch...@gmail.com>.
hi tilman ok