Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 05:13:15 UTC

Should version in sub-project pom.xml come from the parent pom?

I thought that the parent pom.xml could supply the version number for
sub-projects? For example, I noticed that server/pom.xml specifies
1.6.0-SNAPSHOT.

Re: Should version in sub-project pom.xml come from the parent pom?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
You mean in the parent element? If so, no, you need to provide the
parent's groupId, artifactId and version.

You don't, however, have to specify the version for the submodule as it
inherits that from the parent element.