Posted to users@maven.apache.org by WolfgangHäfelinger <wh...@epo.org> on 2005/07/04 10:30:15 UTC

where's the source code package?

Hello,
I'm  about  to rebuild Maven from scratch and I start to wonder how I'm
about to get
Maven's source code?

Is it really true that those Maven guys want me to use Subversion? Is it
not common
practice to provide a source code package?

There's no problem with Subversion as such - it's rather that I'm behind a
rather
restrictive Firewall where I can't change the settings ..

Regards,
Wolfgang.

Re: where's the source code package?

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
I agree - although I have absolutely nothing against svn of course, or
having it available online, but I think having an 'src' package is a
must for every project. It's the quickest way to go if you only want to
view stuff - especially if you need to take it to some offline location
(laptop, or closed-circuit network, like where  I work).

Posted by wolfgang <wh...@epo.org>.

Posted by wolfgang <wh...@epo.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

WolfgangHäfelinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm  about  to rebuild Maven from scratch and I start to wonder how I'm
> about to get
> Maven's source code?
>
> Is it really true that those Maven guys want me to use Subversion? Is it
> not common
> practice to provide a source code package?
>
> There's no problem with Subversion as such - it's rather that I'm behind a
> rather
> restrictive Firewall where I can't change the settings ..

Yes, you need to use subversion for obtain sources. You can set up
subversion to pass through firewall

Emmanuel