Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com> on 2005/11/14 18:05:19 UTC

[m2] release:prepare (java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1)

Hi,
I use the following cli :
mvn
-Dproject.scm.developerConnection=scm:cvs:pserver:user:pwd@ip:repo:modul
e -Dmaven.test.skip=true -e clean:clean release:prepare
I have the following in the console :
ava.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.helpers.ProjectVersionResolver.resolveV
ersion(ProjectVersionResolver.java:61)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareRelea
seMojo.java:218)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:399)

Note I see in the console the artifact is install before the end.

Do I forgot something ?

- Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: RE : [m2] release:prepare (java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1)

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I've seen this too. For now I've reverted back to using
"x.y-SNAPSHOT" - but this definitly happens ;-)

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
cool :)

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I fixed this exception