Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/02/25 15:41:17 UTC

[Sandbox][Digetser3] Meet the Sandbox Digester3, it could worth the value!

Hi all commons-users,
during my spare time I started reimplementing a new version of
Digester - I lazily called Digester3[1] - focused few concepts:

 * A universal loader (core & extensions are loaded in the same way);
 * Reusability of Digester configurations;
 * Rules are now expressed via fluent APIs through EDSL;
 * Improved errors reporting;
 * Architecture simplification for integrating extensions.

The component status is that currently supports all the features of
the proper Digester, but it could contain some bug. Documentation is
still a big TODO, but enough to get started :P
I'm looking for feedbacks, suggestions, ideas... everything is
welcome!!! I'd like to encourage you all to submit what you think
about and, above all, to actively participate.
Contributions are accepted via Jira, patches are more than appreciated.
Please take in consideration that

 * just replacing the current Digester with this "new" one, won't work;
 * this component is in the sandbox, so no binaries available from any
repository, people interested have to checkout the code and install
binaries locally.

If Digester users are interested in a release... participate, it's the
only one way we havo to submit it to the PMC :)
Please give a try... it could worth the value!!!
Have a nice day, all the best,
Simo

[1] http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/digester3/

http://www.99soft.org/