Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mercier Stephane <sm...@axway.com> on 2006/02/02 11:34:00 UTC

Add security constraints on a psml page

Hello j2-users,

	Under Jetspeed 2 M3, it was possible to add security constraints on a page by modifying the psml file. With the final version 2.0, it now possible to create a page, add portlets inside, choose layout and decoration from the browser when i log myself as admin. I would like to know if it is possible to add security constraints on this page from Administrative pages instead of editing the psml file.

What will be the procedure to follow

Thanks

Stephane

Re: Add security constraints on a psml page

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know this is not possible. My thoughts are to use the
database page manager and give administrators access to a web
application that can modify the tables necessary to manage security.
One such application can be created by reverse engineering the
database schema and generating a struts application that gives the
user search, create, read, update, and delete actions for each of the
tables. I would use Andromda to do this but there are commercial
options as well. I've used Firestorm which works quite well. I realize
that this may be an elaborate solution for such a small feature. The
other option would be to modify the code to do this. A Jira issue
would be useful to track this as an improvement.

Philip

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy