Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by warrior389 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/08 20:38:19 UTC

ServiceMix 4 PAX URL Maven Not Using Mirrors

I have a new install of ServiceMix 4.0.0 (Maven 2.1.0, Java 1.6.0_14, RedHat
EL 5) on a corporate network with no internet. We mirrored maven central
internally and I setup a nexus proxy of that mirror for my project.  I have
setup my $M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml to have a mirror of external:* point to
my nexus repository.  I have no ~/.m2/settings.xml.  Pax-url for maven is
not using my mirror settings.

In the $SERVICEMIX_HOME/examples directory, I am able to build everything
using the above maven configuration, and all dependencies download
appropriately.  However, from within servicemix, when installing OSGi
bundles (99% of which reference maven urls), I can only install things that
are already in my local maven repository.

If I change the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories property in
$SERVICEMIX_HOME/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg to point to my nexus
repository, servicemix is able to download all the maven artifacts
correctly.

I've seen reference to using pax runner, but I should be able to run
servicemix by itself and still have it honor my mirror settings.