Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexander Stoll <te...@gmx.de> on 2005/12/07 18:17:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Another apache 2.2 configure question

Hi there,
the configure-option "--disable-ipv6" seems no longer properly supported,
during build libtool fails on a undefined symbol "sock_is_ipv6" in "libapr-1.so".

Is this a bug or is this configure option not supported anymore?

regards, AS

Re: [users@httpd] Another apache 2.2 configure question

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:33, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 06:17:46PM +0100, Alexander Stoll wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > the configure-option "--disable-ipv6" seems no longer properly supported,
> > during build libtool fails on a undefined symbol "sock_is_ipv6" in
> > "libapr-1.so".
> >
> > Is this a bug or is this configure option not supported anymore?
>
> Looks like an APR bug, can you file it in bugzilla?

APR builds just fine with --disable-ipv6.  From which I infer it's more an
httpd build bug, and anoter example of why we shouldn't bundle APR.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Another apache 2.2 configure question

Posted by Alexander Stoll <te...@gmx.de>.
Joe Orton schrieb:

> Looks like an APR bug, can you file it in bugzilla?
I will do so...

> You shouldn't really need --disable-ipv6 on any modern system though,
> what platform are you using?

Its on Linux Gentoo x86, I noticed this, because my old build script from
version 2.0.X failed...
Deleting this flag from script resolves this.

Re: [users@httpd] Another apache 2.2 configure question

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 06:17:46PM +0100, Alexander Stoll wrote:
> Hi there,
> the configure-option "--disable-ipv6" seems no longer properly supported,
> during build libtool fails on a undefined symbol "sock_is_ipv6" in "libapr-1.so".
>
> Is this a bug or is this configure option not supported anymore?

Looks like an APR bug, can you file it in bugzilla?

You shouldn't really need --disable-ipv6 on any modern system though,
what platform are you using?

joe